Tuesday 24 March 2015

(HORROR) The Taking of Deborah Logan - 2014 *

 
This is a bit of a disturbing film to watch. And actually, I felt more concerned watching someone who supposedly had Alzheimer's disease try to function in their daily activities than I did thinking that same person was possessed by an evil demon. The whole film just seemed very sad and mournful to me, and it made me uncomfortable.
Deborah is one of a number of people who are being filmed for a documentary show about Alzheimer's, and is at first sceptical about being in front of a camera. However, after her daughter reminds her that the money could come in very useful, she agrees, and lets the camera crew record her present life and past experiences. Of course something goes horribly wrong, and soon, the crew are wondering whether Alzheimer's is the only thing that Deborah is suffering from.
I didn't enjoy this and I thought it was a silly idea to try and merge a disease with a paranormal occurrence. I just ended up feeling very sorry for Deborah Logan.

No comments:

Post a Comment