Saturday 28 March 2015

(HORROR) Stitches - 2012 ***

 
You might be forgiven for going into this film thinking it's going to be ridiculous, partly because it's a stupid idea, and partly because the thought of Ross Noble playing a killer clown is too much to comprehend.
I was surprised. I enjoyed it and found it utterly hilarious and rather clever. Noble also does a very good job in his part, and because of my genuine fear of clowns as it is, I found him even more disturbing, probably because I know that he is a comedian in reality, which in a way is what clowns are anyway.
After a tragic accident at a children's birthday party, deranged clown Stiches is back from the grave, hungry for revenge on the children who are responsible. He's rather fed up all in all, having a huge gaping wound down the side of his face, and he's not about to let any of the culprits get away lightly, or without a great deal of pain.
Strange, because although the idea terrifies me, the film itself didn't. Most amusing.
There is a reason why horror fans give this black comedy a good review.

No comments:

Post a Comment