Friday 2 January 2015

Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014 ****


I will not pretend I know anything about Marvel comics, the films, or any of the characters, so I probably don't have much authority to review this on a serious level. All I can say is that as a standalone film it really impressed me and was mightily entertaining, especially the standout soundtrack which I was humming for weeks afterwards. Peter is a space adventurer and a bit of an outsider who becomes entangled in a cat and mouse game with bounty hunters after he steals a powerful orb from a villain named Ronan. In order to escape Ronan and protect the orb, he must team up with 4 other misfits who will make up the guardians of the galaxy. It's great fun, and the CGI is amazing. Really worth watching, even for me, a Marvel virgin. It has encouraged me to watch the other Marvel films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment