Saturday 14 February 2015

Into the Woods - 2014 ****


I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I would've enjoyed this much more if there had been less singing (and this coming from a musical enthusiast). I felt the story would've stood stronger if it had been a film with songs as opposed to an actual musical. I love different takes on fairy tales and this didn't disappoint. Meryl Streep plays the once beautiful witch who curses a baker and his wife so that they cannot have children. Three days before a full moon, they set out into the woods to reverse the spell and restore the witch's beauty. In doing so they must find a number of objects all relating to another fairytale. On the way they meet various characters all on their way to fulfilling their own wishes. What a great idea for a story!
Oh go on then, I loved it, and the cast was excellent. The cinematography paired with the CGI and soundtrack were all superb. I'm still humming 'Into the Woods' now.

No comments:

Post a Comment