Tuesday 3 February 2015

(HORROR) Fright - 1971 **

 
For a film I had wanted to see for years I was expecting a whole lot more from 'Fright.' I've started to become quite a fan of Susan George and really had high hopes for this but it missed the mark in my opinion.
Childcare student Amanda goes to babysit for the Lloyd's when they arrange to go out for a celebratory meal. Once they have left however she begins to feel nervous in the intimidating house and is terrified after seeing a stranger wandering about outside. Unaware of the stranger's identity, she has no idea what real danger she is in, or the boy she is babysitting.
Critics say this is the proto-type for slasher movies, but I found it much too over the top, with too much high-pitched screaming from Susan George that very nearly lost her a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment