Wednesday 31 December 2014

(HORROR) Annabelle - 2014 ***


First of all, dolls terrify me, and always have done, and these creepy vintage dolls with painted faces give me horrendous nightmares. So before I even went into this I knew it would scare the hell out of me. To be honest there didn't even really need to be a story linked to the film, as just 1 hour 30 minutes of watching a doll on a chair would be enough to stop me sleeping.
John's wife Mia is expecting, and when he finds a vintage doll in a white lace dress in an antiques shop he believes it's the perfect gift for her. But soon things take a negative turn when a break in occurs, and the devil worshipping culprits smear their blood on the wall some drips onto the doll. And she becomes evil. Sounds silly, but the build up of tension is really atmospheric, and what makes its even scarier is that you don't actually see the doll move. It's all in your imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment