Monday 13 April 2015

Hot Tub Time Machine - 2015 **

 
Moderately funny I suppose, but generally these sorts of films are better as a one off (with the exception of Back to the Future) and I feel they should really have left well enough alone here. It's not clever and it just serves to show that Hollywood will make a film sequel out of anything, even if it doesn't make any sense.
We meet up with the same annoying guys from the first film, except this time five years has gone by. The guys have completely changed their personalities and are more arrogant and delusional than before. When they attend a party however, one of their gang is shot in the penis (!) and they all decide to take a trip in the time machine, hoping that going into the future will show the culprit of the shooting. Obviously to any normal person this makes bugger all sense, so most of the film is a strange experience. I can't say I enjoyed it, although there were certain parts where I had a chuckle or two. Seems to be generic and pointless American comedy in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment