Monday 8 September 2014

The Truth about Emanuel - 2013 ****

 
'The Truth about Emanuel' was recommended to me as I had never heard of it (I find myself hearing about less and less good films) and I was utterly enthralled and mesmerised throughout.
Emanuel is a unique and free spirited 17 year old living with her father and soppy stepmother who is still finding it hard to come to terms with her mother's death during her own childbirth. As her birthday approaches and things feel even harder, a new neighbour named Linda arrives next door, and creepily bares a striking resemblance to her dead mother. When she informs Emanuel's father of the need for a babysitter for her daughter Chloe, Emanuel cannot wait to oblige. But all is not what it seems, and she is soon caught up in a disturbing world that she doesn't understand, and which questions her sanity to the max.
I just found myself transfixed by all this, and at the end when the truth is revealed, it does come together quite beautifully, and makes you breathe a sigh of relief. Was very impressed by the acting, especially Jessica Biel who I usually can't stand.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment