Wednesday 13 August 2014

Diana - 2013 **



I was interested to see this after all the hype surrounding it, but actually I can't say I was hugely impressed by it. Naomi Watts maybe wasn't the correct choice for Diana, although the infamous 'three people in our marriage' interview was very similar, and Watts does have some of the same mannerisms, but overall she came across too much as an American trying to pretend to be a Britain, and therefore I felt a lot of the film was a bit weak. It also focuses heavily on Diana's relationship with Hasnat Khan, and it might've been better if it had gone over Diana and Charles's relationship too to balance things.
Overall it wasn't strong, and I suggest that if anyone wants to learn about Diana, that they watch one of the countless documentaries floating about on the internet instead.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment